Press the + R keys to open the Run dialog, type regedit, and press Enter.
If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on Yes.
In Registry Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
4. Double click/tap on the Profiles key in the left pane to expand it. Click/tap on each long GUID number subkey, and look at it’s ProfileName string value in the right pane to see if it has the current network name (ex: Network) until found. (see screenshots below)
5. When you find the correct ProfileName for your network name, double click/tap on the Category DWORD value in the same right pane to modify it. (see screenshot below)
6. Type in a new Data value number for the network location you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)
7. When finished, you can now close Registry Editor if you like.
8. Sometimes you may need to sign out and in of your user account to apply the new network location.
You can use the following instructions to change your selected power settings.
- Click on the “Apple” icon in the top left-hand corner.
- Select “System Preferences.”
- On the System Preferences screen, click on the “Energy Saver” icon (it looks like a compact fluorescent light bulb).
- If you have a laptop (MacBook, MacBook Pro, etc.) and would like to maximize the power savings, please utilize at least the settings below.
- Computer sleep: 30 minutes
- Display sleep: 5-10 minutes
- Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible – check
- Wake for network access – check
- Automatically reduce brightness before display goes to sleep – check
The image is only when the computer is plugged into a power charger. You can select “Battery” to configure the power options for when the computer utilizes battery power.
Need to get your computer repaired?
If you have not changed the admin password before, you can use this default password to log in. If you have changed but forgot, please press the reset button on the back for 3 seconds. After that, a beep sound will be heard. The following settings will be reset to default:
- System administration password: admin.
- TCP/IP configuration: Obtain IP address settings automatically via DHCP.
- TCP/IP configuration: Disable Jumbo Frame.
- TCP/IP configuration: If port trunking is enabled (dual LAN models only), the port trunking mode will be reset to “Active Backup (Failover)”.
- System port: 8080 (system service port).
- Security level: Low (Allow all connections).
- LCD panel password: (blank); This feature is only provided by the NAS models with LCD panels. Please visit www.qnap.com for details.
- VLAN will be disabled.
- Service binding: All NAS services run on all available network interfaces.
QNAP NAS default username: admin
All the data are still intact by using the reset button.
Please check the following for detail: http://docs.qnap.com/nas/4.1/Home/en/index.html?hardware.htm