You can use the following instructions to change your selected power settings.
- Click on the “Apple” icon in the top left-hand corner.
- Select “System Preferences.”
- On the System Preferences screen, click on the “Energy Saver” icon (it looks like a compact fluorescent light bulb).
- If you have a laptop (MacBook, MacBook Pro, etc.) and would like to maximize the power savings, please utilize at least the settings below.
- Computer sleep: 30 minutes
- Display sleep: 5-10 minutes
- Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible – check
- Wake for network access – check
- Automatically reduce brightness before display goes to sleep – check
The image is only when the computer is plugged into a power charger. You can select “Battery” to configure the power options for when the computer utilizes battery power.
Need to get your computer repaired?